Serious Counsel For Serious Injuries In New York
At Steve Foley Law Firm, we represent people throughout the Buffalo–Niagara Falls metropolitan area, Rochester, Syracuse and Albany, New York, who have sustained an injury because of another’s negligence or wrongdoing. No matter what type of injury has affected your life, we are here to listen to your story and help you pursue compensation for medical bills, lost wages and other damages.
Fighting For The Injured For 30 Years
Steve Foley is a trial-tested personal injury lawyer with three decades of experience and a track record of results that includes six- and seven-figure recoveries for clients. He handles a wide of cases, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents: This includes car crashes, pedestrians hit by cars, collisions with trucks and commercial vehicles, and accidents involving public transit buses and trains.
- Motorcycle accidents: We are attuned to the grave injuries and unique legal issues faced by injured motorcyclists and passengers.
- Premises liability claims: Our firm holds property owners accountable for injuries from unsafe conditions, such as slip and falls, assaults, fires, elevator failure or dog bites.
- Construction accidents and work injuries: We assert your rights under workers’ compensation and pursue any third-party lawsuits. New York construction workers have special rights under Section 240, also known as “scaffolding law.”
- Railroad injuries: We represent injured railroad employees in federal FELA claims and civilians injured by train collisions, derailments or toxic spills.
- Dangerous products: Manufacturers can be held accountable for defects or hidden dangers of their products that result in injury.
The greater the injuries, the more important it is to have a knowledgeable and skilled lawyer advocating for your full compensation. In many cases, Steve Foley’s intervention leads to a timely and favorable out-of-court settlement. But he is always prepared to pursue a lawsuit when the negligent party and their insurer will not engage in good faith negotiations.
When Is It Necessary To Bring A Lawsuit?
Minor injuries may be resolved through early negotiations with an insurance company. But more serious injuries may require filing a formal lawsuit against the negligent party.
- Serious or permanent injuries: In a car accident, the victim’s medical bills and lost wages are covered by their own no-fault insurance policy. But damages for pain and suffering are recovered from the negligent parties insurance carrier.
- Legal complications: A personal injury lawsuit may be necessary when liability is disputed, when two or more parties contributed to the accident, or when the victim is partly at fault. An attorney who is well-versed in New York’s comparative negligence laws can identify all parties who may share liability.
Detailing The Impact Of Serious Injuries
Some injuries require surgery and months of rehabilitation. Some injuries never heal, leaving the person with permanent disabilities, chronic pain and other health complications. We have experience advocating for victims and families who are dealing with the aftermath of catastrophic injuries, including:
- Spinal injuries: Broken vertebrae or spinal cord trauma can leave the person paralyzed or unable to function because of chronic pain. Life goes on, but the person may be dependent on others and unable to make a living or unable to enjoy his or her favorite activities.
- Fractured bones: All too frequently, victims of negligence sustain fractured bones in their hands, arms, legs, or feet. Some of these fractures may require surgery. Almost all require follow up care and many fractures result in some loss of function, and at times, post traumatic arthritis.
- Shoulder and knee injuries: The forces generated by traumatic events often result in injuries to the ligaments, tendons, and soft tissue that support joints like the shoulder and knee. Careful medical evaluation and experienced legal representation often result in significant monetary damages for shoulder and knee injuries.
We have experience with other major injury cases, including eye injuries, severe burns, organ loss, traumatic brain injury, loss of limbs and scarring. Steve Foley Law Firm works closely with clients to document the impact on daily life and the long-term effects. Through lawsuits, we pursue comprehensive compensation that covers future medical care, loss of future earnings, permanent disability or disfigurement, and our clients’ pain and suffering.
Justice In The Wake Of Fatal Accidents
Losing a loved one is devastating in any circumstances and especially when the accident was caused by negligence that could have been avoided. No sum of money can compensate families for this loss, but a successful wrongful death claim can provide a sense of justice served and the compensation necessary for families to make a fresh start. We provide compassionate, hands-on support to families in the wake of a preventable death, pursuing compensation for the full extent of their losses.
Get The Experienced Representation You Need
Steve Foley welcomes you with a free initial consultation to discuss your legal remedies and how we can work to recover significant money damages for your injuries. Our legal team is committed to helping you recover physically and financially through our compassionate and diligent advocacy. Call our downtown Buffalo law office at 888-513-8122 or use our online contact form to tell us a few details.